Hey Beta and Delta ring users! Today’s Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 1911 Xbox One system update (build: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_200419008.1204.191023-1906). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
- OS version released: RS_XBOX_RELEASE_200419008.1204.191023-1906
- Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 28, 2019
- Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 29, 2019
Voice to Text
Dictation is back with support for more languages! With either a headset or Kinect, you can press the View button when the keyboard is on screen to start converting speech to text. Check out the full list of languages below, and head to Settings -> System -> Language & location if you want to change your keyboard & dictation language.
- Supported languages:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional – Hong Kong)
- Chinese (Traditional – Taiwan)
- English (Australia)
- English (Canada)
- English (India)
- English (UK)
- English (US)
- French (Canada)
- French (France)
- Portuguese (Brazil)
- Portuguese (Portugal)
- Spanish (Mexico)
- Spanish (Spain)
My Games & Apps
When you uninstall a title from your collection, you will now receive a notification if the game is part of a Group or Content Block on the dashboard and offer to remove the pins or content block when you delete the title.
Fixes for Beta and Delta
We’ve heard your feedback, and we’re happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this 1911 build:
- Fixed an issue where game trailers are not playing sound.
- Note: This is due to a new Store setting where audio for Autoplay videos is off by default. You will need to enable this setting to fix the behavior.
- We’ve fixed an issue where some users would see the sign in screen go blank and a loading icon indefinitely.
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
Known Issues for Beta and Delta
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These issues aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- There are reports of users being unable to complete the setup for Dolby Atmos in the app and the app is not recognizing Dolby Atmos headphones.
- Note: This is an issue with the Dolby Access app and the app developers are aware and investigating.
- Some users may see a different Store icon on the dashboard than what normally appears.
- Users may see their content blocks reset randomly during the experiment.
My Games & Apps
- Uninstalling a title (game/app) fails for some users with the error message “Something Went Wrong”. We are aware of this and investigating.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Are you not seeing your issue listed above? Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
Learn more about feedback and how each ring is differentiated in the following links:
- All About Xbox Insider Preview Rings
- Where Does Your Feedback Go?
- Xbox Insider Program FAQ
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter and join the community subreddit for support and updates. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!
See the rest of the story on Xbox Wire
October 28th Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Ring (1911.191024-1945)
October 28th Xbox One Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip Ahead Ring (2004.191024-2300)
Storytelling in Space: A Q&A with Co-Director of The Outer Worlds