Hey Alpha ring users! Today’s Xbox Insider Release Notes highlight the latest fixes, known issues, and features coming to your console. Starting at 2:00 p.m. PT today, users will receive the latest 1911 Xbox One system update (build: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_191118363.8099.191021-1917). Keep reading for more details.
System Update Details:
- OS version released: 19H1_RELEASE_XBOX_DEV_191118363.8099.191021-1917
- Available: 2:00 p.m. PT – October 23, 2019
- Mandatory: 3:00 a.m. PT – October 24, 2019
We’ve got a brand new face lift for your Xbox One console’s Settings with simplified categories and subcategories. Xbox heard your feedback, and we’re working to make Settings easy to navigate and manage, to control your device and account, as needed. Explore the latest update and take control of how you play!
Fixes for Alpha
We’ve heard your feedback, and we’re happy to announce the following fixes have been implemented for this 1911 build:
- A new version of controller firmware (4.8.1923.0) is available for certain controller models. Users may be prompted to update the controller automatically when it is connected to the console. You can also go to Settings>Devices & streaming> Accessories with the controller connected, then select the ellipsis button to see if a firmware update is available.
- Changes in this firmware include:
- Reliability improvements for wireless connectivity on console
- Improvements to Bluetooth pairing
- Xbox Button behavior changes over Bluetooth on Android
- Bluetooth reliability fixes
- Changes in this firmware include:
- Various updates to properly reflect local languages across the console.
Known Issues for Alpha
We understand some issues have been listed in previous Xbox Insider Release Notes. These issues aren’t being ignored, but it will take Xbox engineers more time to find a solution. We appreciate your patience at this time!
- Users who have Dolby Atmos enabled and console display settings set to 120hz with 36 bits per pixel (12-bit) are experiencing loss of Dolby Atmos audio in some situations.
- Workaround: Disable 120hz or set Video Fidelity to 30 bits per pixel (10-bit) or lower.
- Some users may see a different Store icon on the dashboard than what normally appears.
- Some users may see their content blocks reset randomly during the experiment.
- Some users are reporting issues making in-game purchases in Fortnite. If you are encountering this behavior please submit feedback from the console.
- Users are unable to complete the setup for Dolby Atmos in the app and the app is not recognizing Dolby Atmos headphones.
- Note: This is an issue with the Dolby Access app and the app developers are aware and investigating.
- Sometimes users may encounter the incorrect Profile color when powering on the console.
Are you not seeing your issue listed above? Make sure to use Report a problem to keep us informed of your issue. We may not be able to respond to everyone, but the data we’ll gather is crucial to finding a resolution.
Learn more about feedback and how each ring is differentiated in the following links:
- All About Xbox Insider Preview Rings
- Where Does Your Feedback Go?
- Xbox Insider Program FAQ
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter and join the community subreddit for support and updates. Keep an eye on future Xbox Insider Release Notes for more information regarding your Xbox One Update Preview ring!
See the rest of the story on Xbox Wire
October 23rd Xbox Insider Release Notes – Alpha Skip Ahead Ring (2004.191021-2100)
The DeLorean 2650 is Available Now in Grip: Combat Racing
Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass for Console: The Outer Worlds, Afterparty, Subnautica, and More