You should be getting free fixes for your Nintendo Joy-Cons soon, according to documents seen by VICE.
What you need to know
- Stick drift has been popping up as a serious issue for many Nintendo Switch owners.
- Nintendo has been charging to fix these issues.
- According to VICE, Nintendo has changed their policy and will now be fixing these issues free of charge.
- If you’ve already paid for repairs, then Nintendo will be issuing a refund (per VICE).
Stick drift is a big problem. It essentially means that the sticks on the controller have begun to “drift” in a particular direction. At best, it can be irritating – at worst, it makes games completely unplayable. Over the last couple of weeks, many Nintendo Switch users have been reporting issues with their Joy-Cons experiencing stick drift. Nintendo has been charging repair fees in order to fix these problems.
According to VICE, that will no longer be the case. VICE claims to have seen an internal customer service memo document which states that “customers will no longer be requested to provide proof of purchase for Joy-Con repairs.” The document also states that “additionally it is not necessary to confirm warranty status. If a customer requests a refund for a previously paid Joy-Con repair… confirm the prior repair and then issue a refund.”
VICE claims that they received the memo from a source at Nintendo, who they will not name for purposes of anonymity. This is great news and if you’ve already paid for a repair, don’t worry – per VICE, Nintendo will now be issuing refunds for any repairs made. Hopefully this will put everyone’s fears to rest and the issues can now be sorted in a somewhat simple fashion.
In the meanwhile, if you’re looking at getting some new Joy-Cons anyways, Nintendo recently announced two more color combos for players to enjoy.
Nintendo Joy-Cons – Neon Red/Neon Blue
$70 at Amazon
Play without wires.
The Nintendo Joy-Cons are the mainstay way of playing on the Nintendo Switch. They can be hooked up in a variety of ways, used for motion controls and have HD Rumble.
Get More Switch
$299 at Amazon
- Nintendo Switch Review
- Best microSD Cards for your Nintendo Switch
- Best Travel Cases for Nintendo Switch
- Best Nintendo Switch Accessories
- Nintendo Switch Jailbreak: Everything you need to know!
Original source: https://www.imore.com/nintendo-now-reportedly-fixing-joy-cons-free