Kodi is an amazing media server software and a personal entertainment center where you can organize all of your movies/TV shows and watch it across multiple devices on your network. The main reason why people prefer to install it on Amazon Firestick is its UI and ease of use. If you have a collection of movies or TV shows, you won’t need Netflix.
Here, we consider that you already have Kodi installed on your Amazon Firestick (if not, a video embedded below will help you). And, with Kodi installed, at some point of time, you will have to update it to get new features (or for bug fixes, security patches, and other improvements).
So, in this article, we will help you walk through the steps that you need to follow in order to update Kodi on Amazon Firestick without any hassle.
Steps to Update Kodi on Amazon Firestick
To update Kodi on Amazon Firestick, you just need to re-install a new version (APK file). Here’s how to do that:
1. You need a downloader to get the latest APK file on your Amazon Firestick. We recommend you to use the Downloader app available at the Amazon appstore for Android.
2. Once you have the downloader, you need to launch it. Search for it on your homescreen and start it up.
3. Now, you will get the option to enter an URL to specify the download location. In this case, you will be downloading Kodi’s APK file for your Amazon Firestick. You can separately get the link from Kodi’s official download page to paste it here or just type in the URL as – https://kodi.tv/download
4. The webpage will load up and then you will have to click on “Android“.
5. You will find two options available ARMV7A (32 bit) and ARMV8A (64 bit) along with the Google Play button. If you have the first-gen firestick, download the 32-bit version or else download the 64-bit version.
6. Now that the download has begun, wait for it to complete and then click on it to install.
After successful installation, you can go ahead and check the details to verify whether it is the latest version or not.
How to Install Kodi on Amazon Firestick?
For more details on how to update it or install it in the first place, you can refer the video below to get started:
In case you face any issues, you can refer to the official forums. How often do you utilize Kodi on your Amazon Firestick? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.